NIMH R21 Changes
NIMH is changing how exploratory/developmental research grant applications (R21s) are accepted. NIMH will now accept R21 applications under an NIMH-specific R21 Program Announcement (PA-18-350) for receipt dates beginning February 16, 2018. Resubmissions of applications previously submitted under the NIH parent R21 Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), may be submitted under PA-18-350.
Clinical Trials are not allowed under the NIMH R21 FOA. Applicants wishing to submit a mechanistic clinical trial R21 application should apply to the NIH Parent Clinical Trial R21 FOA (PA-18-344).
- February 16, 2018 for non-AIDS new applications
- March 16, 2018 for non-AIDS resubmission or revision applications
- May 7, 2018 for AIDS and AIDS-related applications
Last date(s) that NIMH will accept applications under the Parent R21 FOA (PA-16-161):
- October 16, 2017 for non-AIDS new applications
- November 16, 2017 for non-AIDS resubmission or revision applications
- January 8, 2018 for AIDS and AIDS-related applications