Publications about Children and Adolescents
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): The Basics
This brochure focuses on basic information about ADHD in both children and adults including what it is, signs and symptoms, causes, treatments, and how to find help.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
This brochure informs parents and adults on the range of symptoms of autism spectrum disorders (ASD), including social impairment, communications issues, and repetitive behaviors. It also discusses diagnosis and treatment of ASD.
- Bipolar Disorder in Children and Teens
This brochure provides information for parents about bipolar disorder (also known as manic-depressive illness) in children and teenagers. It addresses signs and symptoms, treatment options, and how parents can help their child with this disorder.
- Children and Mental Health
It can be hard to tell the difference between challenging behaviors and emotions that are consistent with typical child development and those that are cause for concern. Learn about symptoms, treatment options, and resources to help your child.
- Coordinated Specialty Care Fact Sheet and Checklist
This fact sheet, developed by the NIMH RAISE team, includes an overview of coordinated specialty care (CSC) treatment for first episode psychosis. It also has a checklist of the key components of a CSC treatment program.
- Fact Sheet: Early Warning Signs of Psychosis
Learn the early warning signs of psychosis in this fact sheet from the NIMH RAISE team.
- Fact Sheet: First Episode Psychosis
Learn about psychosis and treatment options in this fact sheet from the NIMH RAISE team.
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters: What Community Members Can Do
A booklet that describes what community members can do to help children and adolescents cope with violence and disasters.
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters: What Parents Can Do
A booklet that describes what parents can do to help children and adolescents cope with violence and disasters.
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters: What Rescue Workers Can Do
A booklet that describes what rescue workers can do to help children and adolescents cope with violence and disasters.
- NIMH Answers Questions About Suicide
Brochure focuses on suicide and suicidal thoughts/behaviors in young people including risk factors, warning signs, resources, social media, reporting on suicide, and prevention.
- PANDAS—Questions and Answers
This fact sheet covers causes, signs and symptoms, treatment, and clinical trials for Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections (PANDAS).
- Teen Depression
This brochure helps teens understand depression and how it differs from regular sadness. It describes symptoms, causes, treatments, and how to get help.