Recent News and Multimedia Featuring IRP
- Discover NIMH: Intramural Research Program Training
NIMH’s Intramural Research Program offers training opportunities and resources meant to develop a diverse, highly qualified workforce.
- New Pathways for Implementing Universal Suicide Risk Screening in Healthcare Settings
• Press Release
A new report provides guidance on how to implement universal suicide risk screening of youth in medical settings. The report describes a way for hospitals to address the rising suicide rate in a way that is flexible and mindful of limited resources.
- Dynamic Associations Among Motor Activity, Sleep, Energy, and Mood Could Suggest New Focus for Depression Treatment
• Science Update
A new study looking at interactions among sleep, energy, activity level, and mood suggests that instability in activity and sleep systems could lead to mood changes. The findings suggest new targets for depression treatment.
- Behavioral Activation: Treatment of Adolescent Depression
Clinical Psychologist Dr. Kathryn DeLonga of the NIMH Mood Brain and Development Unit discusses treating depressed teens with a talk therapy called Behavioral Activation.
- One Trainee’s Story
Frances Johnson talks about her experiences as a recipient of a NIMH Diversity Supplement grant and her summer stint in an NIMH intramural lab under NIH’s G-SOAR Program.
- Frances’ Advice to Students
NIMH trainee Frances Johnson offers advice to students interested in scientific research.
- The Pathways Through which Light Affects Learning and Mood
• Science Update
In a new study, researchers have traced the brain pathways responsible for the effects of light on learning and mood. The findings revealed that these effects are brought about by two different and distinct pathways from the retina into the brain.
- UCL-NIMH Joint Doctoral Program in Neuroscience
Jobert Vargas, BS, talks about his experience in the UCL-NIMH Joint Doctoral Program in Neuroscience.
- KI-NIH Collaborative Doctoral Program in Neuroscience
Stal Shrestha, PhD talks about his experience in the KI-NIH Collaborative Doctoral Program in Neuroscience.
- PGY4 Residency Training and Clinical Fellowship Program & NIMH
Gioia Guerrieri DO, FAPA, talks about her experience in the PGY4 Residency Training and Clinical Fellowship Program & NIMH