Pediatric Twin Study
Ongoing Study at NIMH
Brain imaging studies of healthy fraternal and identical twins provide information about how genes and the environment affect the development of the brain.
The Child Psychiatry Branch of the National Institute of Mental Health is recruiting fraternal and identical twins between the ages of 5 and 25 without behavioral, emotional, or physical problems. Children and their families are brought to the NIH Clinical Center at our expense for a non-invasive research study.
- identical and fraternal twins
- between the ages of 5 and 25
- without dental braces at time of study
- without physical, mental, or behavioral problems
- Transportation and hotel accommodations are provided to those living outside the Washington, DC area.
- All services including brain MRI, cognitive testing, neurological exam, and zygosity determination (identical or fraternal twin typing) are provided free of charge.
- Volunteers wil be compensated for their participation
- Opportunity for follow-up visit after two and four years.
We are not currently scheduling return visits or recruiting new participants. If you have any questions, please contact:
Jonathan Blumenthal, M.A., Associate Investigator
NIMH Child Psychiatry Branch
Building 10, Room 4C110
Bethesda, MD 20892-1367