Annual NIMH Required Ethics Training for Scientific Staff
- Ethics for Lunch - Institute facilitated review of cases identified for that year – (OFT) 1hr
Ethics for Lunch
The NIH has mandated that each institute provide Responsible Conduct of Research Training to the designated Scientific Staff on an annual basis and the Office of Fellowship Training will provide and organize that training in the form of “Ethics for Lunch”.
- This required annual training is designated for scientific staff.
- Participants only need to register for one class.
- Trainings are held in buildings 35A, 40, 49 and 10 from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM.
The following categories of NIMH/IRP scientific staff are required to take this annual training:
- All Fellows: Postbacs, Predocs, and Postdoc TRTAS, Visiting and Research Fellows
- Clinical Fellows: except those currently taking Ethics Training with Dr. Pao
- Principal Investigators: Tenured and Tenure-Track
- Staff Scientist and Staff Clinicians
- Laboratory Technicians
- Contractors (whose duties fall under the above listed categories)
We request that NIMH PI’s and Lab/Branch contacts help in disseminating this information to the above-mentioned staff. Please note that this training is in addition to any other Ethics Training you may have been required to take. If you have any questions about this required Responsible Conduct of Research Training, please contact Janet Clark.