NIMH Director to Host Facebook Live on Suicide Prevention
- Sponsored by:
- NIMH Office of Science Policy, Planning, and Communications
The recent deaths of high-profile public figures and a new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report on rising suicide rates have brought the topic of suicide into everyday conversations. It’s important to know the facts and what to do if you think someone might be at risk for self-harm.
In recognition of Suicide Prevention week in September, NIMH is hosting a Facebook live event on Friday, September 14th from 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. ET. During this event, NIMH Director Dr. Joshua Gordon and Dr. Jane Pearson, chair of the Suicide Research Consortium in NIMH’s Division of Services and Intervention Research, will discuss some of the most recent suicide prevention research findings from NIMH, warning signs, and prevention strategies.
Facebook viewers will also have a chance to ask questions live, so follow NIMH on Facebook and read below for more information on how to participate.
Participating is easy.
- Visit NIMH’s Facebook page a few minutes before 1 p.m. ET on September 14th.
- Refresh your page at 1 p.m. ET to watch the live video discussion, it will begin on the hour.
- Click on the video. Make sure it is unmuted by using the volume controls at the bottom of the video.
- Type your questions into the comments section below the video. Representatives will answer questions and provide resources after the event. You will need a Facebook account to ask questions.
More Information: https://www.facebook.com/nimhgov/