NIMH Facebook Live: How Does Puberty Affect Brain Development?
In recognition of National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day, NIMH is hosting a Facebook Live event titled “How Does Puberty Affect Brain Development?” on Thursday, May 9, 2019, from 2:00 – 2:30 PM ET. During this event, Principal Investigator and Chief of the Behavioral Endocrinology Branch, Dr. Peter Schmidt, Research Fellow Dr. Shau-Ming Wei, and Postdoctoral Fellow Dr. Kathy Reding, will discuss:
- The typical pubertal transition
- How puberty affects brain development
- What changes parents might expect in their children
- What NIMH hopes to learn from the research
Facebook viewers will also have a chance to ask questions live, so follow NIMH on Facebook and read below for more information on how to participate.
Participating is easy.
- Visit NIMH’s Facebook page a few minutes before 2:00 p.m. ET on May 9th.
- Refresh your page at 2:00 p.m. ET to watch the live video discussion, it will begin on the hour.
- Click on the video. Make sure it is unmuted by using the volume controls at the bottom of the video.
- Type your questions into the comments section below the video. NIMH experts will answer questions and provide resources after the event. You will need a Facebook account to ask questions.
Note: The experts cannot provide specific medical advice or referrals. Please consult with a qualified health care provider for diagnosis, treatment, and answers to your personal questions. If you need help finding a provider, visit www.nimh.nih.gov/findhelp.
More Information: http://bit.ly/NIMHFBLive