NIMH Facebook Live: How Does Puberty Affect Brain Development?
In recognition of National Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day, NIMH is hosting a Facebook Live event titled “How Does Puberty Affect Brain Development?” During this event, Dr. Peter Schmidt, Principal Investigator and Chief of the Behavioral Endocrinology Branch, and Postdoctoral Fellow, Dr. Kathy Reding, will discuss:
- The typical pubertal transition
- How puberty affects brain development
- What changes parents might expect in their children
- What NIMH hopes to learn from the research
Facebook viewers will also have a chance to ask questions live, so follow NIMH on Facebook and read below for more information on how to participate.
Participating is easy.
- Visit NIMH’s Facebook page a few minutes before 2:00 p.m. ET on May 9th.
- Refresh your page at 2:00 p.m. ET to watch the live video discussion, it will begin on the hour.
- Click on the video. Make sure it is unmuted by using the volume controls at the bottom of the video.
- Type your questions into the comments section below the video. NIMH experts will answer questions and provide resources after the event. You will need a Facebook account to ask questions.
Note: The experts cannot provide specific medical advice or referrals. Please consult with a qualified health care provider for diagnosis, treatment, and answers to your personal questions. If you need help finding a provider, visit www.nimh.nih.gov/findhelp.
More Information: https://www.facebook.com/nimhgov/