Webinar: Coping Strategies for Anxious Kids, What Parents Need to Know
- Sponsored by:
- NIMH Division of Intramural Research Programs (IRP)
On Friday, November 2, 2018, from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. ET, join the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) for a webinar on coping strategies for anxious kids. During the webinar, Dr. Erin Berman will discuss:
- How to identify an anxious child
- How to change anxious thinking
- The science and biological roots of anxiety in children
- How computer technology is transforming the understanding of anxiety
- Current treatment options (medications & CBT: cognitive behavioral therapy)
To register for the webinar, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/webinar-coping-strategies-for-anxious-kids-what-parents-need-to-know-tickets-50175387936.
About the presenter:
Erin D. Berman, PhD is a Clinical Psychologist at the National Institute of Mental Health in Bethesda, Maryland. She received her clinical psychology doctoral degree from Rosalind Franklin University / The Chicago Medical School. Her clinical training continued with attending the Boston Consortium of Clinical Psychology where she was a Harvard Medical School Fellowship recipient. She completed post-doctoral respecialization in child and adolescent anxiety disorders at Temple University. Her main area of interest continues to be in cognitive behavioral interventions for children, adolescents, and adults with Anxiety Disorders.