Event Summaries About Schizophrenia
- Mini-Symposium - Computational Psychiatry: Multiscale Models of Mental Illness
Location: Washington Convention Center, Washington, D.C.Description:
On November 12, 2017, NIMH hosted a mini-symposium to introduce new and burgeoning field of computational psychiatry.
Sponsors: National Institute of Mental Health
- Harmonizing Clinical Data Collection in Community-Based Treatment Programs for First-Episode Psychosis
Location: Bethesda, MD
Description: The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) met in September 2017 to develop an Early Psychosis Intervention Network (EPINET) among Coordinated Specialty Care (CSC) programs for first-episode psychosis (FEP).
- Twitter Chat on African American Men’s Mental Health
Description: For National Men’s Health Week, the National Institute of Mental Health and the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities co-hosted a Twitter chat.
- Child and Adolescent Onset Schizophrenia: Research Challenges and Opportunities
Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Description: In June 2007, NIMH and the NIH ORD convened a meeting for brainstorming and discussion between basic, translational, and clinical investigators to review the current knowledge on causes, neurobiology, developmental trajectory, and treatment of child- and adolescent-onset schizophrenia.
Sponsors: National Institute of Mental Health, Division of Developmental Translational Research (DDTR), NIH Office of Rare Diseases (ORD)
- International Society for CNS Clinical Trials and Methodology (ISCTM) Meeting
Location: Washington, DC
Description: In February 2006, the ISCTM held this meeting by satellite on the NIMH initiative regarding treatment development for negative symptoms of schizophrenia.