Meeting Summaries about Clinical Research and Trials
- Society for Neuroscience 2015 Symposium Brain Stimulation Based Neural Circuit Modeling: Linking levels of analysis
• Fairmont, Chicago
This symposium will bring together basic neuroscientists, computational modelers, and clinical investigators to discuss how to integrate large-scale computational modeling with translational neuroscience, in order to increase our understanding of how to improve the rhythmic interactions of networks by non-surgical brain stimulation and enhance cognitive capabilities in clinical disorders.
- Using Stem Cells for Biological and Therapeutics Discovery in Mental Illness
― • Bethesda, Maryland
On April 24-25, 2012, scientists from academia, government and the private sector met to discuss advances and challenges in using patient-derived reprogrammed cells, such as induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and induced neuronal cells (iNCs), to identify molecular, cellular, and developmental alterations relevant to mental illnesses and possible utility in diagnostics and drug development.
- Integrating Neuroscience, Developmental Psychopathology, and Preventive Interventions: Critical Questions for the Next Generation of Transformative Research
• Denver, Colorado
In conjunction with the 18th annual conference of the Society for Prevention Research, NIMH held a one-day, pre-conference workshop. The goal of the meeting was to identify strategies to advance prevention science research for mental disorders through the integration of basic science, neurodevelopment research, and intervention expertise.
- Child and Adolescent Effectiveness Research in Clinical Practice and Community Settings: Needs, Challenges, and Opportunities
― • Washington, D.C.
This workshop provided a forum for reviewing accomplishments and challenges in conducting effectiveness research in practice and other community settings and served as an opportunity for informally discussing promising approaches to further research. The focus of the meeting was on testing the effectiveness of treatment interventions for children and adolescents when delivered in clinical practice and other community settings, such as schools.
- Strategies for Developing Novel Interventions for Neurodevelopmental Disorders
• Bethesda, Maryland
The goal of this workshop was to explore novel treatment approaches to neurodevelopmental disorders and strategies for promoting the development of innovative therapeutic approaches.
- NCDEU Meeting
• Boca Raton, Florida
Named after the original NIMH New Clinical Drug Evaluation Unit clinical trials program, the NCDEU meeting has grown and evolved over the years to include a broad range of academic and industry investigators, practitioners, and NIMH and FDA staff.