Healthy Research Volunteer Study
Join a Research Study: Enrolling locally from the Washington, D.C. metro region
People in good health are invited to participate as a research study volunteer. Study participants play a vital role in biomedical research by helping scientists advance knowledge and better understand, treat, and ultimately, improve health.
The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is conducting this study to create a list of healthy research volunteers who are interested in participating in additional NIMH studies. Data from healthy research volunteers compared to data from those with mental health conditions can help us understand why some people are affected while others are not.
We invite adults in good health, over age 18, to join the online part of the study by:
- Registering and consenting to be in the study
- Completing questions about your medical and mental health
Volunteers for the study will complete online questionnaires which will take about 20 minutes. They can save and come back to the questionnaires, if needed.
After completing questionnaires, those who are eligible for an in-person appointment may be invited to the NIH Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. This part of the study may include:
- Psychological and cognitive assessments
- Physical exam, blood and urine tests
- Learning about additional study opportunities, as well as a brain scan (MRI) for this volunteer study
There is no cost to participate, and compensation is provided for the in-person appointment. Transportation may be provided. To join the study, sign up on this website.
- NIMH Protocol Number: 17-M-0181
- ClinicalTrials.gov Study Number: 03304665