A Study of Brain Function and Symptoms in Children with Severe Mood Dysregulation
Join a Research Study: Enrolling locally from the Washington, D.C. metro region
To find out if you qualify, email NIMH or call 1-301-496-8381 [TTY: 1-866-411-1010].
This observational research study seeks to describe the moods and behaviors of irritable children. Children who enroll in our studies have irritability that significantly impacts their functioning at home, in school, and with other children.
For those that are eligible, study participation includes a one-day outpatient evaluation. There are also up to 10 follow up visits that include diagnostic assessments, questionnaires, memory and thinking tasks, computer tasks, and brain imaging. Child can remain on current medications. Parent and child must agree to child’s participation.
The studies are currently enrolling participants who are:
- 8- to 17-years old
- angry, irritable, easily frustrated, or tend to have explosive temper outbursts
- in treatment with a pediatrician, psychiatrist, or therapist
- medically healthy, and not currently suicidal, psychotic, or hospitalized
There is no cost to participate. Compensation is provided.
- NIMH Protocol Number: 02-M-0021
- ClinicalTrials.gov Study Number: 00025935