National Advisory Mental Health Council (NAMHC)
The National Advisory Mental Health Council (NAMHC) advises the Secretary of Health and Human Services; the Director, National Institutes of Health; and the Director, National Institute of Mental Health, on all policies and activities relating to the conduct and support of mental health research, research training, and other programs of the Institute.
Recent Council Reports
- Behavioral Assessment Methods for RDoC Constructs (PDF file, 168 pages. Please note: An alternative 508 compliant version of this document will be added to the site soon.)
Archived Council Reports
To obtain a copy of any of the reports listed below, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From Discovery to Cure: Accelerating the Development of New and Personalized Interventions for Mental Illnesses
- Investing in the Future
- Transformative Neurodevelopmental Research in Mental Illness
- MRI Research Safety and Ethics: Points to Consider
- The Road Ahead: Research Partnerships to Transform Services — A Report by the National Advisory Mental Health Council’s Workgroup on Services and Clinical Epidemiology Research
- Treatment Research in Mental Illness: Improving the Nation’s Public Mental Health Care through NIMH Funded Interventions Research
- Setting Priorities for Basic Brain and Behavioral Science Research at NIMH
- Racial/Ethnic Diversity in Mental Health Research Careers: An Investment in America's Future
- Insurance Parity For Mental Health: Cost, Access, And Quality, (PDF file, 50 pages)
Parity in Financing Mental Health Services: Managed Care Effects on Cost, Access, and Quality, (PDF file, 53 pages)