Multimedia About Suicide Prevention
- Mental Illness in Stressful Times – An Asian American Family’s Story
- NIMH Director Talks with NIMH Researcher about the High Priority Research Strategies of Suicide Prevention
NIMH Director Thomas Insel discusses strategy with NIMH research Dr. Jane Pearson.
- White House Champions of Change
NIMH researchers honored with White House Champions of Change award.
- Suicide Prevention Research
NIMH researcher Dr. Douglas Meinecke talks about critical suicide prevention research.
- Suicide Prevention and Research
NIMH researcher Dr. Jane Pearson talks about warning signs as well as progress in suicide prevention.
- Prevent Suicide in Young Adults
Our NIMH partners are the eyes, ears, and legs of our research-based messages concerning the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses.
- Jane Pearson on Warning Signs for Childhood Suicide
It’s a question asked by parents, educators and health professionals. How do we prevent suicide among our children? In this special podcast series devoted to Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day, Dr. Jane Pearson of the National Institute of Mental Health talks about important warning signs that come from children. She also looks at how well-intended reaction to tragedy can have unintended consequences. Dr. Pearson is with the Division of Services and Intervention Research at NIMH and a leading expert on suicide research.
- Jane Pearson on Childhood Suicide and Keeping Kids Safe Online
The internet and social media are powerful tools that influence virtually everyone. Unfortunately, too many children have made tragic decisions based on what they see on the web. But in this special podcast series devoted to Children’s Mental Health Awareness Day, Dr. Jane Pearson of the National Institute of Mental Health talks about how the internet is increasingly becoming a means of preventing childhood suicide. Dr. Pearson is with the Division of Services and Intervention Research at NIMH and a leading expert on suicide research.