About the nomination process
The nomination process:
- The nominator should submit all nomination materials by the deadline of January 28, 2022. Nomination materials are uploaded at: (link to be provided when nomination site goes live).
The nomination packet should include:
- Program director or mentor nomination letter for a current PhD (or PhD equivalent) candidate or an early stage postdoctoral fellow, describing the qualifications of the nominee including previous and current research training and accomplishments, personal characteristics that set them apart, evidence of astute scientific research skills and critical thinking, as well as enthusiasm for working with others;
- the nominee’s Curriculum Vitae;
- a cover letter by the nominee describing their future research interests, research goals, why they should be selected for the award, and how the award will affect their career. The letter should also indicate which NIH institute(s) is of interest;
- optional: one additional letter of recommendation may be submitted on-line to support the nomination by the January 28th deadline.
Award recipients will be announced in April 2022 and will be invited to visit with NIH either in person at the Bethesda, MD campus or virtual (if necessary) for an Award Symposium in 2022.