Genetic Basis of Mental Disorders Program
This program supports research on the unbiased and robust discovery of genetic variants that confer susceptibility to mental disorders (including anxiety disorders, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), bipolar disorder, depressive disorders, eating disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, personality disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), schizophrenia or other psychotic spectra including prodrome, and Tourette syndrome).
Areas of Emphasis
- Large-scale, whole-genome and genome-, exome-, epigenome-, and other ‘ome’-wide studies.
- Elucidation of genetic architecture and heritability across the allele frequency spectrum.
- Fine mapping and identification of causal variants within risk loci.
- Co-heritability and shared genetic risk architecture using cross-trait analyses.
- Collection and genomic characterization of non-European ancestry cohorts.
Miri Gitik, Ph.D.
6001 Executive Blvd., Room 7200, MSC 9643