Funding Opportunities for Midcareer Investigators
The following funding opportunities are available through NIMH for individuals at the mid-career level.
NIMH strongly encourages prospective applicants to consult with the NIMH Research Training and Career Development Program Officer in the appropriate Division well in advance of preparing an application. The Program Officer will discuss the relevance of your proposed research to the Institute’s research priorities, provide guidance on the proposed research and training plans, and help identify the most appropriate funding opportunity for your research and training.
|Links to Funded Awards (NIH RePORTER)*||
Funding Opportunity Information
* For a complete list of funded awards and grants please visit NIH RePORTER .
“K” Career Award Policy Updates – Applicants are strongly encouraged to review career award policy updates before submitting an application. Failure to follow relevant policies may lead you to submit an incomplete application, which will not be reviewed. Relevant policy notices can also be found in the “Related Notices” section of each funding announcement.
NIMH-Specific Policies and other Relevant Notices
- NIMH Career Development Program Guidance and Policies
- K Award Eligibility Extensions
- Guidance for Determining If Your Human Subjects’ Study is a Clinical Trial
Other Funding Opportunities at the NIMH and NIH
- NIMH Opportunities & Announcements
- NIMH Biobehavioral Research Awards for Innovative New Scientists (NIMH BRAINS) (R01)
- NIH Director’s New Innovator Award Program (DP2)
- Lasker Clinical Research Scholars Program (Si2/R00)
- R01 Research Project Grant
- R03 Small Research Grant Program
- R21 Exploratory/Developmental Grant