Serotonin -- RDoC Element
Type of Element: Molecule
Serotonin or 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) is a monoamine neurotransmitter. Biochemically derived from tryptophan, serotonin is primarily found in the gastrointestinal tract, blood platelets, and the central nervous system of animals, including humans.
The following construct(s)/subconstruct(s) refer to this element...
- Domain: Negative Valence Systems
- Domain: Positive Valence Systems
- Domain: Cognitive Systems
- Domain: Social Processes
- Domain: Arousal and Regulatory Systems
- Domain: Sensorimotor Systems