Grant Writing Tips
Many NIH Institutes and the Office of Extramural Research (within the Office of the NIH Director) put out guides and tip sheets on their web sites. These guides can be useful resources to help you write your grant application and to understand the peer review process. Here are just a few.
- All about Grants Tutorials (information to help investigators plan and write grant applications and manage their awards)
- NIH Peer Review: Grants and Cooperative Agreements (PDF)
- Scoring System and Procedure (PDF)
- Peer Review Meetings (Center for Scientific Review)
- Peer Review Committees/Meetings (NIMH)