Workshop: Ultrasound Neuromodulation for Mental Health Applications
This workshop included experts in psychiatry, neurostimulation, physics, device regulation, and engineering and consisted of individual talks and panel discussions. The workshop was open to the scientific community and the public.
The primary goal of the workshop was to examine focused ultrasound neuromodulation for mental health applications and share the latest findings and best practices regarding:
- Biophysical considerations
- Physiological and clinical considerations
- The regulatory pathway for ultrasound neuromodulation as a treatment
- Experimental planning and design
- Optimizing target engagement