Event Summaries about Global Mental Health
- Human Mobility and HIV Workshop
NIMH convened a two-day virtual workshop on human mobility and HIV in diverse global populations from May 24-25, 2021.
- Webinar: Responding to the Alarm: Addressing Black Youth Suicide
Hear from experts on the alarming rise of black youth suicide and strategies to engage and care for these youth.
- 10th Anniversary Conference: Global Mental Health Research Without Borders
The NIMH Center for Global Mental Health Research (CGMHR) and Grand Challenges Canada co-convened the 10th anniversary global mental health conference, April 8-9, 2019, on the main campus of the National Institutes of Health. More than 400 researchers, innovators, and other stakeholders from 36 countries attended the two-day conference, where they learned about findings from cutting-edge science and new opportunities for groundbreaking research to address the Grand Challenges In Global Mental Health.
- 2018 Global Mental Health Workshop: “Diversity: A Tool for Solving Grand Challenges in Global Mental Health”
Bethesda Marriott, Bethesda, MD
The NIMH Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH) and Grand Challenges Canada will co-convene the annual Global Mental Health Workshop, highlighting the importance of diversity in science along the research pipeline, in the global mental health research workforce; and in the individuals who participate in mental health research.
- Research Partnerships for Scaling Up Mental Health Interventions in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
The NIMH Office of Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health and the NIMH-funded Strengthening Mental Health and Research Training in Africa (SMART) project hosted the first meeting of the Scale-Up Hubs in Kampala, Uganda.
- Transformative Opportunities for Solving the Grand Challenges in Global Mental Health
The NIMH Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health and Grand Challenges Canada co-convened a workshop that brought together global mental health researchers, innovators, and other stakeholders.
- 2016 Webinar Series on Mental Health Disparities and Global Mental Health Research
The Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH) organized a series of webinars on mental health disparities and global mental health from May through August 2016.
- Reducing the Incidence of Suicide in Indigenous Groups – Strengths United through Networks (RISING SUN): Workshop 1
On September 19-20, 2015, the NIMH Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH) conducted the first workshop for a new NIMH initiative aimed at suicide prevention among Indigenous people in the circumpolar Arctic.
- Mental Health Disparities Research at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH): Cross-Cutting Aspects of the NIMH Strategic Plan for Research
On August 26, 2015, the NIMH Office for Research on Disparities and Global Mental Health (ORDGMH) conducted the first of three webinars to disseminate scientific findings from three exemplary NIMH-funded researchers.