Meeting Summaries about HIV/AIDS
- Global HIV-1 CSF Escape Consortium
• Bethesda, MD
The NIMH Division of AIDS Research, with support from the NIH Office of AIDS Research, sponsored a meeting to establish a Global HIV-1 CSF Escape Consortium. Despite stable and successful control of HIV with Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) in the periphery, some patients still have detectable HIV virus in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), termed “CSF escape.” Meeting participants discussed prevalence rates, causes, and key scientific research priorities pertaining to HIV-1 CSF escape.
- Addressing Mental Disorders: The Missing Link to Effective HIV Prevention, Care, Treatment, and Support
• Washington, DC
Meeting summary of Addressing Mental Disorders: The Missing Link to Effective HIV Prevention, Care, Treatment, and Support - Satellite meeting of the 19th International AIDS Conference
- Advancing Novel HIV Prevention Intervention Research with MSM
― • Atlanta, Georgia
Advancing Novel HIV Prevention Intervention Research with MSM Meeting Summary
- NIMH Annual International Research Conference on the Role of Families in Preventing and Adapting to HIV/AIDS
― • San Francisco, California
NIMH and the Center for AIDS Prevention Studies at UC San Francisco co-sponsored a conference in San Francisco aimed at Responding to the Social Context of HIV Risk The Role of Families and Support Networks.
- Mental Health Consideration in Secondary HIV Prevention
― • Bethesda, Maryland
The Secondary Prevention and Translation Branch of NIMH’s Center for Mental Health Research on AIDS (CMHRA) hosted a meeting that focused on identifying target areas for new research on the intersection of secondary HIV prevention and mental health, specifically related to HIV-infected individuals with psychiatric disorders living in the United States.