Introducing New HIV Prevention Products: The Dapivirine Ring and Injectable Cabotegravir for PrEP
Date and Time
10:00–11:00 a.m. ET
In 2021, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) launched Maximizing Options to Advance Informed Choice for HIV Prevention (MOSAIC) , a new $85 million program funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to help women around the world protect themselves from HIV. The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) is conducting a webinar about new HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) product introduction planning in Africa, including an overview of the CATALYST implementation study exploring PrEP choice.
Presenters and panelists include:
- Kristine Torjesen, M.D., MPH, Director of the Science Facilitation Department at FHI 360 and the Project Director for the MOSAIC project
- Elizabeth Irungu, MBChB, MPH, Ph.D., a Regional Technical Advisor at Jhpiego
- Patriciah Jeckonia, Senior Technical Advisor for policy and partnerships and Project Manager for MOSAIC
- Imelda Mahaka, Executive Director for Pangaea Zimbabwe AIDS Trust (PZAT)
- Nicolette Naidoo, MPH, Programme Head of Implementation Science at the Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute
Division of AIDS Research
This event is free but you must register to attend.