NIMH Mental Health Career Panel Discussion
This career panel discussion is designed for first-year Postbac IRTAs who are exploring their next career steps and are interested in learning about a variety of career paths related to mental health.
First-year Postbacs will:
- Learn about multiple career paths in mental health (Clinical Psychology, Psychiatry, Neuropsychology, Social Work) to aid in career decision-making
- Understand the similarities and differences across these career paths
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of each career path
- Hear the personal experiences and lessons learned from established mental health professionals
- Have the opportunity to meet with panelists informally in small breakout groups
The panel will consist of representatives with established careers in:
- Social work
- Clinical Psychology
Hearing about multiple paths and opportunities will assist Postbac IRTAs in gaining clarity on their desired career path before the Clinical Psychology PhD application cycle begins. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and receive guidance from the panelists.
This panel discussion is held annually in September/October.
Check out the OFT Events Calendar for registration information.