NIMH Office of Fellowship Training (OFT) Postbac IRTA Training Resources
- What to Know Before You Go: An Introduction to Grant Opportunities at NIMH for Graduate and Medical School Students for Senior Postbacs
The workshop is for second-year Postbac IRTAs who are interested in understanding various NIMH grant opportunities for graduate and medical school. The workshop is held annually in May.
- NIMH Pre-Med Workshop for Postbacs
This half-day workshop is for Postbac IRTAs who are interested in applying to medical school or combined MD-PhD programs. This workshop is held annually in January/February.
- NIMH Mental Health Career Panel Discussion
This career panel discussion is for first-year Postbac IRTAs who are exploring their next career steps and are interested in learning about a variety of career paths related to mental health. The panel discussion is held annually in September/October.
- NIMH Clinical Psychology PhD Application Workshop
This workshop is for Postbac IRTAs who are interested in applying to Clinical Psychology PhD programs. This workshop is held annually in March.
- NIMH Trainee Statistics Seminar Series
This four-part seminar series will introduce Postbac IRTAs to basic statistical concepts as a foundation for future coursework in statistics. This seminar series is held annually each spring and fall.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) Application Prep Workshop
This workshop is designed to assist Postbac IRTAs in preparing their proposals for the National Science Foundation (NSF)’s Graduate Research Fellowship Program, which provides funding for graduate school. This workshop is held annually in May.
- Speaking About Science Seminar: Introduction to Essential Communication Skills
This seminar is for all trainees to learn foundational skills to communicate their research for multiple audiences. This seminar is held annually in March/April.
- NIMH IRP Three-Minute Talks (TmT) Coaching and Competition
Trainees of all levels have the opportunity to compete in the Three-Minute Talks (TmT) Competition by communicating their research in concise three-minute oral presentations. Round One of the competition is held annually between May and August. The TmT Finals Competition is held annually at the NIMH IRP Fellows’ Scientific Training Day.
- NIMH Interview Skills Workshop
This workshop will teach Postbac IRTAs key techniques to prepare for graduate or medical school interviews. This workshop is held annually in May/June.
- Postbac Training Check-In Meetings
OFT staff meet 1:1 with Postbac IRTAs 6-months into their fellowship for a 30-minute informal check-in meeting. The meeting provides an opportunity for Postbacs to learn about NIMH resources and discuss their lab experience.
OFT staff will schedule this meeting a few months into the Postbac’s fellowship.
Check your email and the OFT group on Microsoft Teams for event details.