MonkeyLogic - Cortex - GLT - MatOFF - Cortex Explorer
Real-time software and data analysis tools are crucial for behavioral studies.
NIMH-MonkeyLogic is a behavioral control and data acquisition software system that runs on a MS Windows PC under Matlab(tm) and National Instruments. MonkeyLogic was developed outside the NIH, however we have created our own independent branch which is being adopted by many laboratories that previously used the legacy NIMH-Cortex system. NIMH-MonkeyLogic is distributed from our own server. More information, including how to download and install, can be found by following the link below.
- Detailed information on how to obtain and use MonkeyLogic
Below are some software tools developed over the past two decades. These are mostly legacy tools, but are still being supported.
NIMH Cortex is a real-time behavioral control and data acquistion system for neurophysiology. NIMH Cortex is based on the DOS operating system. It has been in use since 1989 and is being phased out by most laboratories.NIMH Cortex Function Reference
- On-line function reference manual.
NIMH Cortex Programming Techniques
- Special programming techniques for NIMH Cortex.
NIMH Cortex FTP download site
- Links to download NIMH Cortex and associated files.
Graphics Layout Tool for Cortex
- GUI tool for creating a NIMH Cortex Items file.
MatOFF is an interactive analysis program that searches neurophysiological data and plots the results. It was designed for NIMH Cortex, but comes with tools to analyze .PLX files (developed by Plexon, Inc. and supported by Tucker Davis Technologies).MatOFF (Cortex data analysis tool)
- Detailed information on how to use MatOFF
Cortex Explorer (GUI tool for viewing Cortex files)
- Powerful Matlab-based tool for viewing NIMH Cortex files including files converted from .PLX format.
Plexon to Cortex file converter
- Converter for using.PLX files with MatOFF.
Matoff FTP download site
- Link to download all MatOFF-related files.