Publications about Institute Announcements
- About the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
A factsheet that describes the mission of NIMH and provides an overview of its work to reduce the burden of mental illness through research, training, and information dissemination.
- Clinical Research Trials and You: Questions and Answers
Brochure discusses what a clinical trial is, who participates in clinical trials including patient and healthy volunteers, why people participate in clinical trials, and guidelines.
- Coordinated Specialty Care Fact Sheet and Checklist
This fact sheet, developed by the NIMH RAISE team, includes an overview of coordinated specialty care (CSC) treatment for first episode psychosis. It also has a checklist of the key components of a CSC treatment program.
- Could I Have Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)?
Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) begins in childhood and is considered a developmental disorder, but a person may not receive a diagnosis until adolescence or adulthood. This brochure explains how ADHD affects adults, including signs and symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments options.
- Fact Sheet: Early Warning Signs of Psychosis
Learn the early warning signs of psychosis in this fact sheet from the NIMH RAISE team.
- Fact Sheet: First Episode Psychosis
Learn about psychosis and treatment options in this fact sheet from the NIMH RAISE team.