Publications about Children and Adolescents
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (Easy-to-Read)
An easy-to-read booklet of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
Informs parents and adults on the range of symptoms of autism spectrum disorders (ASD), including social impairment, communications issues, and repetitive behaviors. Discusses diagnosis and treatment of ASD, as well as possible related co-occurring mental disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder in Children and Teens
A brochure on bipolar disorder in children and teens that explains what it is, when it starts, and how to get help.
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters: What Community Members Can Do
A booklet that describes what community members can do to help children and adolescents cope with violence and disasters.
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters: What Rescue Workers Can Do
A booklet that describes what rescue workers can do to help children and adolescents cope with violence and disasters.
- PANDAS: Fact Sheet about Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about PANDAS, an abbreviation for Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections.
- Suicide: A Major, Preventable Mental Health Problem
Facts about suicide and suicide prevention among teens and young adults.
- Teen Depression
This brochure helps teens understand depression and how it differs from regular sadness. It describes symptoms, causes, treatments, and how to get help.
- The Teen Brain: Still Under Construction
Learn about changes in the brain that occur during the teen years, and the significance of this stage of development.
- Treatment of Children with Mental Illness
Answers to frequently asked questions about the treatment of mental disorders in children.