Publications about Children and Adolescents
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
This brochure informs parents and adults on the range of symptoms of autism spectrum disorders (ASD), including social impairment, communications issues, and repetitive behaviors. It also discusses diagnosis and treatment of ASD, as well as possible related co-occurring mental disorders.
- Bipolar Disorder in Children and Teens
This brochure provides information for parents about bipolar disorder (also known as manic-depressive illness) in children and teenagers. It addresses signs and symptoms, treatment options, and how parents can help their child with this disorder.
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters: What Community Members Can Do
A booklet that describes what community members can do to help children and adolescents cope with violence and disasters.
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters: What Parents Can Do
A booklet that describes what parents can do to help children and adolescents cope with violence and disasters.
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters: What Rescue Workers Can Do
A booklet that describes what rescue workers can do to help children and adolescents cope with violence and disasters.
- NIMH Answers Questions About Suicide
Brochure focuses on suicide and suicidal thoughts/behaviors in young people including risk factors, warning signs, resources, social media, reporting on suicide, and prevention.
- PANDAS—Questions and Answers
This fact sheet covers causes, signs and symptoms, treatment, and clinical trials for Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections (PANDAS).
- Teen Depression
This brochure helps teens understand depression and how it differs from regular sadness. It describes symptoms, causes, treatments, and how to get help.
- The Teen Brain: 6 Things to Know (Fact Sheet)
A fact sheet outlining how a teenager’s brain grows, matures, and adapts to the world. This fact sheet also briefly covers the teen brain’s resiliency, onset of some mental illnesses, and sleep patterns in teens.
- The Teen Brain: Still Under Construction
Learn about changes in the brain that occur during the teen years, and the significance of this stage of development.