Publications » Fact Sheet
- 5 Action Steps for Helping Someone in Emotional Pain
Infographic presents five steps for helping someone in emotional pain in order to prevent suicide. Steps include: Ask, Keep Them Safe, Be There, Help Them Connect, and Stay Connected.
- 5 Things You Should Know About Stress
This fact sheet discusses five things to know about stress and how to manage it.
- Bipolar Disorder in Teens and Young Adults: Know the Signs
This infographic presents common signs and symptoms of bipolar disorder in teens and young adults.
- Clinical Research Trials and You: Questions and Answers
Brochure discusses what a clinical trial is, who participates in clinical trials including patient and healthy volunteers, why people participate in clinical trials, and guidelines.
- Let’s Talk About Eating Disorders
This infographic presents facts that can help shape conversations around eating disorders.
- Looking at My Genes: What Can They Tell Me About My Mental Health?
This fact sheet answers commonly asked questions about genes and their role in a person’s mental health. It covers family history, genetic testing versus genome scans, and NIMH research on genetics.
- PANDAS—Questions and Answers
This fact sheet describes the causes, signs and symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections (PANDAS).
- The Teen Brain: 7 Things to Know
This fact sheet outlines how a teenager’s brain grows, matures, and adapts to the world. It also presents information on the teen brain’s resiliency, vulnerability to stress and mental health problems, and sleep patterns in teens.
- Understanding Psychosis
This fact sheet covers the signs, symptoms, and treatment options for psychosis.