Publications » Fact Sheet
- About the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
A factsheet that describes the mission of NIMH and provides an overview of its work to reduce the burden of mental illness through research, training, and information dissemination.
- Clinical Research Trials and You: Questions and Answers
Brochure discusses what a clinical trial is, who participates in clinical trials including patient and healthy volunteers, why people participate in clinical trials, and guidelines.
- Coordinated Specialty Care Fact Sheet and Checklist
This fact sheet, developed by the NIMH RAISE team, includes an overview of coordinated specialty care (CSC) treatment for first episode psychosis. It also has a checklist of the key components of a CSC treatment program.
- Fact Sheet: Early Warning Signs of Psychosis
Learn the early warning signs of psychosis in this fact sheet from the NIMH RAISE team.
- Fact Sheet: First Episode Psychosis
Learn about psychosis and treatment options in this fact sheet from the NIMH RAISE team.
- Fact Sheet on Stress
This fact sheet provides answers to common questions about stress and explains the different types of stress and how to manage it.
- Neuroimaging and Mental Illness: A Window Into the Brain
Researchers use brain scans to study brain development in healthy people and people with illnesses. This publication answers frequently asked questions about what brain scans can and cannot do related to diagnosing mental illnesses.
- The Teen Brain: 6 Things to Know (Fact Sheet)
A fact sheet outlining how a teenager’s brain grows, matures, and adapts to the world. This fact sheet also briefly covers the teen brain’s resiliency, onset of some mental illnesses, and sleep patterns in teens.